CEVA Head Officials play a crucial role in the region's success. Besides officiating matches, CEVA counts on officials to keep tournaments on time, make sure teams meet USA Volleyball playing requirements and answer all sorts of rule questions. It can be a demanding job, but we have a great cadre, so you'll have some fun too!
Requirements to be a CEVA Head Official include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum 3 years officiating experience or equivalent
• Current membership with USA Volleyball
• First year Head Officials must attend an orientation meeting and complete Ref/Score and SafeSport courses online
• First year Head Officials must attend on-site training in December/January, at which time they will be observed as an R1 and Scorer (no payment)
• All Officials must attend a rules clinic before being assigned to any tournaments
For more information, check out the CEVA's Officials' Handbook.